[GNC] new v3.0 install Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Dennis Powless claven123 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 10:33:21 EDT 2018

I just installed ubuntu 18.04 LTS on my dual boot machine.  I want to
install v 3.0 and the new ubuntu only has 2.6.19 in the software center.
What is the best method to get v3.0 installed instead of the older version?

I see instructions here....
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building

And scrolled down I see these instructions.....  I'm assuming this will
work for 18.04LTS?
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus)

To build Gnucash 3.0 from source you need to install following packages:

sudo apt-get install cmake
sudo apt-get install libtool libltdl-dev
sudo apt-get install libglib2.0-dev
sudo apt-get install icu-devtools libicu-dev
sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev
sudo apt-get install guile-2.0 guile-2.0-dev
sudo apt-get install swig2.0
sudo apt-get install libxml++2.6-dev
sudo apt-get install libxslt1-dev
sudo apt-get install xsltproc
sudo apt-get install libgtest-dev
sudo apt-get install google-mock
sudo apt-get install gtk+3.0
sudo apt-get install libgtk-3-dev
sudo apt-get install libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37
sudo apt-get install libwebkit2gtk-4.0-dev
sudo apt-get install libdbi-dev

mkdir build-cmakecd build-cmake
cmake -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=<target>/gnucash-cmake -D
WITH_AQBANKING=OFF -D WITH_OFX=OFF ../gnucash
make
sudo make install

I'm assuming I would then change the <target> with the downloaded gnucash
file, right?

Dennis