[GNC] new v3.0 install Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Apr 28 11:43:09 EDT 2018

Op zaterdag 28 april 2018 16:33:21 CEST schreef Dennis Powless:
> I just installed ubuntu 18.04 LTS on my dual boot machine.  I want to
> install v 3.0 and the new ubuntu only has 2.6.19 in the software center.
> What is the best method to get v3.0 installed instead of the older version?
>
> I see instructions here....
> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building
>
> And scrolled down I see these instructions.....  I'm assuming this will
> work for 18.04LTS?
> Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus)
>
> To build Gnucash 3.0 from source you need to install following packages:
>
> sudo apt-get install cmake
> sudo apt-get install libtool libltdl-dev
> sudo apt-get install libglib2.0-dev
> sudo apt-get install icu-devtools libicu-dev
> sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev
> sudo apt-get install guile-2.0 guile-2.0-dev
> sudo apt-get install swig2.0
> sudo apt-get install libxml++2.6-dev
> sudo apt-get install libxslt1-dev
> sudo apt-get install xsltproc
> sudo apt-get install libgtest-dev
> sudo apt-get install google-mock
> sudo apt-get install gtk+3.0
> sudo apt-get install libgtk-3-dev
> sudo apt-get install libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37
> sudo apt-get install libwebkit2gtk-4.0-dev
> sudo apt-get install libdbi-dev
>
> mkdir build-cmakecd build-cmake
> cmake -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=<target>/gnucash-cmake -D
> WITH_AQBANKING=OFF -D WITH_OFX=OFF ../gnucash
> make
> sudo make install
>

> I'm assuming I would then change the <target> with the downloaded gnucash
> file, right?

No. The target is where you want gnucash to be installed. The downloaded
gnucash file should be extracted into a directory named "gnucash". And the
cmake command as used in these instructions should be run from within a
directory *next* to this "gnucash" directory, not from a directory *inside*
it. You can read the generic instructions higher on that page to understand
all the details.

Good luck!

Geert