[GNC] GnuCash 3.1 Released

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Apr 30 04:08:49 EDT 2018

Op maandag 30 april 2018 01:17:10 CEST schreef Richard Ullger:
> I Have built 3.1 on Arch Linux and upgraded from 2.6.21 to 3.1.
>
> When I started gnucash, I received no settings migration notices. The
> last file used was opened with only the accounts tab displayed. None of
> the account registers I had open in 2.6.21 have been opened in 3.1 and
> none of my saved reports from 2.6.21 are available in 3.1.
>
> The opened file is marked as requiring saving but I haven't performed a
> save yet in case it screws something up.
>
> None of the files in .gnucash have been copied to .local/share/gnucash
> and the .local/share/gnucash/books folder is empty.
>
> Can I copy the relevant .gcm file from .gnucash/books to
> .local/share/gnucash/books to get the open registers back and the
> saved-reports-2.4 from .gnucash to .local/share/gnucash to get the saved
> reports back?
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard

You probably can, however can you perform an additional test first to help us
diagnose this situation ?

Can you
- make sure gnucash isn't running
- remove the .local/share/gnucash directory
- start gnucash 3.1

Do you get an upgrade notice now ?
Are the relevant files copied ?
Are your open tabs restored ?