[GNC] Unable to retrieve currency quotes

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 19:53:25 EDT 2018

Not sure what is happening at my house(wrt GnuCash).  Release 2.6.19 with
finance-quote 1.47  in Windows was able to retrieve the US securities in my
portfolio via AlphaVantage earlier this year but now it cannot retrieve
anything.  Release 2.6.17 (backport?) in Ubuntu 16.04 with finance::quote
1.38 in a VM can still retrieve Securities but it cannot retrieve
currencies.  In Ubuntu 16.04 Gnome on a Toshiba laptop GnuCash 2.6.17
(backport?) used to work (I think) a month or two ago but now it does not
indicate that it is failing to download security prices but new prices do
not appear in the database.  That machine also has Finance::Quote version
1.38 which seemingly does not explain that failure.

Lastly, my Debian8 machine which used to be my go-to machine for Gnucash
suddenly cannot even boot far enough to get an IP address or operate a
display.

David C