[GNC] Compile of 3.2 fails

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Fri Aug 3 14:41:06 EDT 2018

On 08/03/2018 11:12 AM, Michael via gnucash-user wrote:
> Thanks for the reply David,
>
> I am building in ~/build-32.  Extracted tar file is in
> ~/Downloads/Applications/gnucash-3.2.
>
> Command (from build-32) is 'cmake
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME/build-32 -DWITH_AQBANKING=OFF
> ../Downloads/Applications/gnucash-3.2'. Then make (with '>& log.txt'
> added).

Is this where you want the final installation to live?  I let mine
default to the usual system folders.  I also wonder if you want the
final install in the same folder to which cmake does the compile (which
would be the current working directory which you identified as
$HOME/build-32.

Based on the log it is having trouble with -- [ 30%] Generating
../../lib/gnucash/scm/ccache/2.0/gnucash/core-utils.go
There is this interesting line -- ice-9/boot-9.scm:109:20: Undefined
variable: gnc-build-userdata-path

So if you go up two levels from $HOME/build-32 should take you to the
/home folder.  Do you have a lib directory there?

I have mine in a different folder ($HOME/Projects/GnuCash/gnucash-3.2
and I made a folder $HOME/Projects/GnuCash/mybuild
and then did these commands:

cd mybuild
cmake ../gnucash-3.2
make
sudo make install

So, I think it wants you to have an empty folder at the same level as $HOME/Downloads/Applications/gnucash-32 (say $HOME/Downloads/Applications/Build-GC-3.2) and be sitting in that folder when you issue 'cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME/build-32 -DWITH_AQBANKING=OFF ../gnucash-3.2'
Then staying there issue the 'make >& log.txt'
then 'make install'
(sudo not needed as you are doing it in your own work space).

--Steve

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com