[GNC] Hangs on startup

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 08:22:39 EDT 2018

Finbar,

Your screen grab did not come through all the way to my computer.

Have you read any of the discussion here about the first start-up of
release 3.2 being more slow than normal, and subsequent start-ups still
being substantially slower than 2.6 21 or earlier?  In Windows in
particular the O.S. will think that GnuCashh is not responding, in some
cases for several minutes.  You have time to brew a pot of coffee and maybe
drink it too.

Also, GnuCash has historically been very slow to open certain reports,
especially when started in the default settings or with custom settings
encompassing a lot of data.

Have you tried creating a tiny test data file to see if it works faster
with less data?

David C