[GNC] More Price Editor questions

Keith Bellairs keith at bellairs.org
Sun Aug 5 14:09:07 EDT 2018

Since the price upload was failing I tried manually updating security
prices and found that the editor is unbelievably slow. Could be that the
price server is just timing out waiting for the editor. (I have many years
worth of price data and its acting like its doing a bubble sort on all the
prices every time it is touched.) While the price editor is churning gnc is
completely non responsive.

I am in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and the gnucash packaged with it is 2.6.17 built
2017-07-04.

Is there a later build available? And has any work been done on the price
editor? I think that's the only thing I am having trouble with, but it
would be worth an upgrade.

Keith