[GNC] Post invoice still wants to be paid

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Aug 6 14:09:45 EDT 2018

Thanks Geert,

> On Aug 1, 2018, at 7:29 AM, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:
>

> I presume you went straight to Business->Vendor/Customer->Process Payment ?
>
> As explained below this does behave differently from selecting Edit payment on
> a payment transaction.

No, I missed that nuance. I was using ‘Edit payment’ which did change the date to current day.  I’ll use the Process Payment approach next time and see how it goes.

> In your example the pre-existing payment transaction itself will remain
> unaltered. (It could be altered if the total amounts don't add up, but I
> believe even in that case date and num values are retained).

Reassuring.

> Edit Payment on the other hand will decompose the payment you have selected
> and prefill all the fields in the payment window based on what it found. So
> yes, it does look slightly different indeed. The clue to see in which
> situation you are is in whether the payment is still listed in the documents
> view as a pre-payment or not.

In the immediate case, I think it was listed as a pre-payment, but I have noticed some times when it is not. I’ll be more attentive next time to see the behavior difference based on this.

Regards,
Adrien