[GNC] Edit Report options> Fancy Invoice > Default stylesheet

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Aug 6 14:46:15 EDT 2018

Directly to your last question, no there isn’t.

Your only options (I’m not sure why) in Preferences > Business are:

Printable Invoice
Tax Invoice
Easy Invoice
Fancy Invoice

It seems ‘Printable’ defaults to ‘default’ stylesheet and can’t be changed without editing the report code itself as Geert noted. I would think the ability to set a default stylesheet in the app other than ‘default’ would be very useful.

But maybe you could edit ‘Easy’ or ‘Fancy’ to achieve what you want and get there in one click. I haven’t tried. I don’t see a way to edit ’Tax Invoice’ without touching code.

However, you can get there in fewer clicks than you initially describe if you are already viewing the invoice in question.

Hit the print button, then choose options and set the stylesheet to technicolor.

As for finding and viewing the desired invoice in advance, you can use the Business > Customer > Find Invoice dialog, but that’s cumbersome.

Personally, I keep tabs open with both the Receivables Aging & Payables Aging reports at all times. (set to show zero balance items, so all customers/vendors are always visible, but not necessary)

If I need to pull up an invoice after initial creation, I click the total link for that customer in the aging report and it gives me a customer report, where I can then click the invoice in question and proceed to print from there. (the customer report gives me enough info such as date, amount, and maybe even a memo to decide which one I want)

This is much faster than going through the Find dialog over and over, and much faster than starting from Reports > Business > Invoice and then selecting the proper customer/invoice.

If you like the Find Invoice dialog better, perhaps you can set an accelerator for it. (shortcut key combo) It would be nice if one existed by default since it take several clicks to get there.

Regards,
Adrien