[GNC] Forcing a single payment to split across invoices with the older one not being paid in full

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Aug 7 02:38:56 EDT 2018

Op maandag 6 augustus 2018 23:01:16 CEST schreef Adrien Monteleone:
> Success!
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> That was significantly less painful than I imagined.
>
> If the payment window gets updated to handle this all the better, but I can
> certainly live with this.
>
> Also, thanks again for the ‘disabling automatic payments’ point, I think
> that’s been my major source of frustration when unposting invoices/bills
> that I need to edit and re-post. I certainly don’t mind manually
> re-applying payments if that saves me the trouble of working with the Lots
> window to fix a mess.

You're welcome.

The lots viewer is a low level interface into the internals of payment
handling. I agree it should be the last tool to reach for. And I believe most
situations can be modeled directly via the process payment window these days,
although sometimes in two or more steps.

Just for completeness I'll mention that aside from the business functions lots
are also used for capital gains processing (stock related). But that's not my
area, so I don't know if it can be avoided in that context or not.

Regards,

Geert