[GNC] Going Back to Go Forward?

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue Aug 7 02:50:01 EDT 2018

On Mon, 06 Aug 2018 23:36:23 -0400
David Reiser via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:

> In my experience the pasting-prevents-delete-key-action bug only
> affects the particular register in which the pasting occurred. And
> fixing the problem only requires closing that register and reopening
> it, not relaunching gnucash itself.
>
> Also, while the delete key is impeded, you can select text and type
> corrections directly. You still can’t select text and delete it, so
> you’ll have to type at least one character to replace any mistakes
> until you close and reopen the register.
>
> The bug is fixed for 3.3, scheduled for release at the end of
> September. The team has been very good lately at hitting release
> dates.

I struck this today, and also found that highlighting the offending
string with the mouse allowed me to edit. I also found the backspace key
non-functional.

I didn't try replacing a string with a space where I needed to
eliminate something.

Debian Buster/Sid - XFCE - GnuCash Version: 3.2 Build ID: 3.2+ (2018-06-24)
Unlike Thomas I didn't find it a showstopper today.

Liz