[GNC] Getting online quotes problems

Ott Kekishev ott.kekishev at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 11:18:01 EDT 2018

Hello!

I have been trying to get the online quotes to work but haven't managed
yet. Should the yahoo_json data source work at the moment? When I do a
query with gnc-fq-dump it works fine, but in gnucash it doesn't work

C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin>perl gnc-fq-dump yahoo_json tel1l.vs
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: tel1l.vs             <=== required
      date: 00/00/2000           <=== recommended
  currency: EUR                  <=== required
      last: 1.125                <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

I tried alphavantage as well. It works for US stocks, but for the european
ones currency is missing:

C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin>perl gnc-fq-dump alphavantage tel1l.vs
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: tel1l.vs             <=== required
      date: 08/10/2018           <=== recommended
  currency: ** missing **        <=== required
      last: 1.1250               <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

So it won't retrieve the data. Is it possible to give gnucash the currency
myself (should be EUR)? Or is it possible to get the yahoo_json working?

Best regards,
Ott Kekišev