[GNC] Column widths again

Graham Balin graham.balin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 14:27:51 EDT 2018

Hi all,
Recent convert from Quicken and pleased overall...BUT...
version 2.6.12 on a windows machine and 24" monitor-fine; on a HP
laptop...almost unusable due to description column auto-widening to screen
width.
I have tried trawling through the many posts, dating back 8 years!, and
cannot believe that it still happens! Why on earth is there such a feature
that is the antithesis of user-friendliness?
Is there some programming reason it needs to be there?
I have tried all workarounds except going into programming in which I am
sadly ignorant.
Once I have made the error of re-sizing one of the columns -bang, I have to
keep horizontal scrolling to see what is going on. Does 3.2 offer any
improvement on this?

Has anyone got any suggestions?
--

Cheerio,