[GNC] Installing F::Q on Ubuntu

Tim Kallmer tkallmer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 19:14:10 EDT 2018

I have switched to a linux laptop since the price quotes stopped working on
my windows 10 one. (I had it working at one time.)

But I am currently not able to get price quotes in the linux version of
gnucash either. I get the error, Unable to retrieve quotes for these items,
then a list of all my securities.

Here's what I did to install F::Q. Am I missing something?

cpan
install Finance::Quote
quit
edited /usr/share/perl5/Finance/Quote/AlphaVantage.pm
entered my key between the quotes in the line that previously read,
my $ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY = $ENV{'ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY'};
sudo chmod 666 /usr/share/perl5/Finance/Quote/AlphaVantage.pm
sudo chmod 666 /usr/share/perl5/Finance/Quote.pm

restarted