[GNC] Installing F::Q on Ubuntu

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 20:33:11 EDT 2018

Tim,

Numerous people have reported troubles using AlphaVantage to retrieve quotes recently, with several noting that the site appears to be unreliable (perhaps purposefully so).

You don’t mention your GnuCash version; on GC3.2, there is supposedly a user preference slot for the AlphaVantage API key (I haven’t upgraded my own system from 2.6.21). In earlier versions, you are instructed to place your API key in an environment file (cf. https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_Why_doesn.27t_online_quoting_work.3F <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_Why_doesn.27t_online_quoting_work.3F> for guidance). At no point is it necessary to edit the source PM files.

Cheers,
David T.