[GNC] A way to disable autofill entries? or am I doing it wrong?

Dylan L dylanrl at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 13:40:15 EDT 2018

Hi All,

Relatively new to Gnucash and very new to this mailing list.  I am running

Version: 3.2
Build ID: 3.2+ (2018-06-24)
Finance::Quote: 1.47

MacOS 10.13.6

And running into the following scenario. I go to enter something into a ledger and it autocompletes to a previous entry.  When this is not what I want to enter how do I find I have to select the "remaining entry" with the mouse to delete it.  Am I doing something wrong here? Is there a key combo that will clear it out? Continuing to type just adds more between the initial and remaining match e.g.

I type 'R' which auto-fills 'Roger Mortgage Co' (a previous entry) leaving my cursor after the 'R' and before 'oger Mortgage Co'.

I actually want to enter 'Reynolds Construction' so I continue to type 'eynolds' and I get 'Reynoldsoger Mortgage Co'

I am used to entry systems where the either the 'oger Mortgage Co would be highlighted so I can delete it, or as I type 'eynolds' it would remove the old entry.

Also, when I paste into a ledger (e.g. into the description) I sometimes find that subsequent key presses are ignored.  Again, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Dylan