[GNC] Business Account Set Up Question & Customer Billing Question

Khristine Ann Ramella kisspk at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 21 22:31:26 EDT 2018

OK, so trying to use gnu for business. Have a two person llc. I set up the equity accounts like shown based on all the research on gnuhelp and general accounting I could find.

Each member contributed 720 to start the business. The first person 720 was put in checking immediately. I put it under Opening Balances and sent it to checking. So far so good. The second 720 came in a month later. When I go to make the deposit to the checking account how do categorize it?

Also, why does Equity only show as 740 ? Shouldn't it be 1440 to represent the 720 from each member?

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D4399E.B10A5F50]

I also have a billing question. When I enter a credit card charge or checking account debit, I want to be able to assign a customer & their specific job  to the purchase. We buy & bill out a lot of supplies for each client-most with an upcharge so it isn't an even swap. In  Qbooks you can just check a box and assign the purchase or invoice to the customer job, so I can see expenses versus billing right away for the customer and their job. I did some gnusearch on this and didn't really get a clear cut answer.

I would hate to have to go back to QB but this is a deal breaker-lots of parts for each customer and each customer has lots of jobs (installs/service calls)

Thanks so much for your expertise!!!