[GNC] Business Account Set Up Question & Customer Billing Question

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 22 10:59:09 EDT 2018

Adrien Monteleone <adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> writes:

> There is a ‘jobs’ feature in GnuCash, but it is very limited at the
> moment. Each vendor can have only one job. So if you buy ‘parts’ or
> multiple items on the same invoice from a single vendor and then in
> some fashion, direct, recombined, or further process or manufacture,
> you can’t tie that job to multiple clients.

Just to clarify -- I think you have this backwards a bit.  A Customer
(or Vendor) can have multiple jobs associated with them.  On the other
hand, a Job can only have one Customer or Vendor that owns the job.
Moreover, an Invoice or Bill can only have one "owner" (which can be a
Customer/Vendor or a Job).

So yes, if you buy parts or multiple items on one bill from a single
vendor, that can only be applied to a single job.