[GNC] Cannot change preferences

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 11:38:53 EDT 2018

On Wed, 22 Aug 2018 at 16:19, Ken Heard <kenslists at teksavvy.com> wrote:

> The version of gnucash I have, 1:2.6.15-1, was installed from the Debian
> Stretch repository. Just now I looked at the entry for this package on
> apt-cache and discovered that dbus-X11 is recommended for
> gnucash-1:2.6.15-1; whereas it has to be mandatory.  This is a bug which
> I will report to Debian.

Oh, you are right, Ubuntu is the same for 2.6.19, it is only a
recommends.  I had not noticed that.  I will report a bug there.
Post a link to yours and I will set it as the upstream bug for mine.

> Another question is whether the dconf family of packages should also be
> mandatory for gnucash.

I don't *think* that is an issue, I ran
sudo apt remove --dry-run dconf-gsettings-backend
to see what would happen and it wanted to take out half my system.

Regards

Colin