[GNC] Balsheet-eg.scm problem

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Aug 24 08:01:25 EDT 2018

Op vrijdag 24 augustus 2018 12:57:47 CEST schreef Alex via gnucash-user:
> I've come to this thread and V3.2 a bit late. Installed V3.2 a week or
> so ago.
>
> I too had problems with my bespoke balance sheet which, as a linux user,
> is in my .local/share/gnucash directory.
>
> Couldn't open any of my old balance sheets from Reports -> Saved Report
> Configuarations
>
> Solved the problem by comparing the V2_6_21 version of
> /usr/share/gnucash/scm/gnucash/report/balsheet-eg.eguile.scm
>
> with the
>
> V3.2 version of /usr/share/gnucash/scm/gnucash/report/balsheet-eg.eguile.scm
>
> to see what's changed then applying the differences to my bespoke
> balance sheet.
>
> I did confuse myself for a while by editing a bespoke balance sheet in
> .gnucash that must have been an old configuration directory for a
> previous release.
>
> Now have balance sheet working the way I want it and can open all my old
> stored balance sheet reports.

Nice to hear that.

The .gnucash directory is indeed only used by gnucash 2.6 and older. Gnucash
3.x will read it only once to migrate all the information in there to a
directory that depends on the operating system's recommendations. The full
details of these new locations can be found here:
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations
And they are also mentioned on the Custom Rpoerts wiki page.

I am curious though: where did you put your css and -eguile.scm file ? And how
do you specify them in your report ? Did you just change the options' default
values ?

Geert