[GNC] Help breaking up a file

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 04:59:57 EDT 2018

Wow, that is a lot of personal data, mine goes back to 2001 and is
only 2MB.  Is that the default file type (XML) and have you specified
Compress files in Preferences > General?

In my opinion it is best to keep all the data in one file, then you
have immediate access to all the history.  So far for me the PC power
has kept pace with the file size so I have not noticed much difference
over the years.  On Ubuntu mine takes 7 seconds to load the program
and another 13 to load the user data.  That is fetching the data over
my local network from a Pi file server so would likely be much quicker
if the file was on the PC.  I am using 2.6.19

What operating system are you using and what do you mean by 'noticeably slow'?

Colin