[GNC] Veihicle mileage cost such in HomeBank?

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 11:51:38 EDT 2018

My solution is to have an Expenses:Mileage account, with an
unused/obsolete currency, and change its symbol to "km".

I only record business mileage, i.e. description: "travel to client in
next town", dated 01/05/2018

  * Expenses:Business:Mileage +40km
  * Equity:Mileage -40km

Thus my annual Transaction Report to accountant Expenses:Business:* will
include aggregate amounts.

For added convenience, the currency can be converted to own currency via
options, using currency exchange rate = official govt mileage rate, thus
the $claimable is generated. But I'd keep in original "km" currency for
clarity.

The disadvantage is it'll mess up net worth.

Thus there's no need to keep a separate spreadsheet.