[GNC] file save over network taking very long time

Morris Walton morris.walton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 15:46:31 EDT 2018

I've got many years worth of data saved in an xml file. I'm running 2.7.4
on gentoo. With the amount of data i have, I'm not surprised it's getting
slower, but saves that are initiated when i shell/x into the box from
outside the home network are taking hours.  This long lag seemed to start
happening sometime last year (my lastest build from gentoo was 2018-02-03,
and I think it started happening around that time).  my upstream b/w is
somewhere around 40mbps, which is better than what it was when it was
saving at a decent speed.

If I had to guess, i'd say it was taking that long because gnome/graphics
wants to draw that progress circle? I can't say for sure but it seemed like
before it was drawing the circle, and saving at "at home rate."

Anybody got any ideas on what is going on, and how to remedy?

Thanks,