[GNC] Can no longer print checks

HB Sidman dklab at aol.com
Sat Dec 1 11:20:30 EST 2018

Hi,

After using gnucash for several years I decided it was time to upgrade
from 2 to 3 a few months ago. Bad decision. If it is not broken don't
fix it. The upgrade went smoothly with no problem. Every function worked
both old and new. Until I tried to print a check. At which point nothing
happened with the printer. After a 2 or 3 minutes I got a warning
message that my check file was a fragment. I went into the system to
verify that and found that all the .chk files were fragments. I tried to
reload new files but they kept being replaced by the fragments.

Step 2: I went back gnucash 2 last stable version on line. It reloaded
without a problem but still could not print checks. Same problem.

Step 3: Loaded gnucash 2 on a laptop that had never had it on it before.
Then took a saved file from 3 months before the problem happened and
loaded it. Once again everything went fine until I tried to print. Then
was presented the same problem of .chk file fragments and not being able
to replace them.

Step 4: Using the laptop as my test bed, I removed everything gnucash
from the hard drive. Search the C drive for any thing left and removed
it as the administrator. Then did a search for .chk and found 4 files
buried on the C drive - all fragments. I could delete them but they
would come right back as soon as I restarted the computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I am getting tired of hand
writing all of my checks.

I am running Windows 10 on all of my computers and they are all
completely up to date.

Thanks,

HB

---