[GNC] Installation on a Mac

Jules Levinson juleslevinson at comcast.net
Sun Dec 2 12:17:12 EST 2018

I have used GnuCash for many years, but only on Windows. My wife has
decided to give GnuCash a try. She uses a Mac. I've never used one.

She downloaded the current *.dmg file from the website and then did
whatever one does on a Mac to install an application. Several times. Many
times. Installation failed, always in the same way, leaving her with, at
best, an icon for GnuCash but unable to open the program. Unfamiliar with
the Mac, I am unable to help her. I hope someone on this list will be able
to assist me to assist her.

In search of information, I stumbled across a few forums and queries. One
resembled her experience closely:

"The installation process appears to go normally, there's the usual warning
about 'Opening' a file downloaded from the internet and the GNUCash icon is
seen 'bouncing' up & down on the lower docking bar, but after you 'click'
Open the GNUCash icon disappears and the installation process halts -
nothing! No GNUCash. I've tried several fresh downloads and repeated the
same installation process without success."

I read this to her. She replied, "That is what is happening on my computer."

Thanks for whatever help you can offer us.

Jules B. Levinson