[GNC] Installation on a Mac

Richard Jones richardtrevorjones at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 12:39:36 EST 2018

Jules
The answer is that you have to drag the dmg file ( system image file) to
the applications folder. That is what installs it as an app.
see
https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/64845/how-do-i-install-applications-from-a-dmg-file
I am currently engaged in a very similar process - except that I am
migrating from PC to Mac.
I have had a lot of good help from other users on the forum, but this thing
about dragging the file was a little extra thing that I found out after
experiencing the same problem as your wife.
I should add that I found other problems, which you may or may not
experience - they may have been because of some mistake I made or because
migrating a PC file causes a problem which you would not get if starting
from scratch.
But I found mac gnucash 3.3 kept crashing.
I deleted everything and installed 2.6.21 this afternoon. It appears stable
and has now run for a few hours.
I should stress that I am not an expert on this at all but I hope this
helps.
Regards
Richard

Virus-free.