[GNC] Installing 3.3 on Mac OS Mojave

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.fremont.ca.us
Sun Dec 2 18:57:58 EST 2018

> On Dec 3, 2018, at 3:38 AM, Gerry Starnes <gerrystarnes at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am trying to install the 3.3-1 version on my upgraded OS (Mojave
> 10.14.1). I've downloaded and run the dmg from Sourceforge. It shows me the
> directory program and support files in a separate window. When I double
> click on the program, it verifies then asks if I want to run the program
> downloaded from the Web. I respond to continue and the program icon in the
> dock disappears.
>
> From the Mojave upgrade, I know that the 2.6.18 version will not work in
> future updates because it is not 64 bit. So, I'm concerned that the upgrade
> is not loadable.
>
> What might I be missing?

You’re missing the part where you need to drag GnuCash out of the dmg to a normal directory. You can have both 2.6.21 and 3.3 if you keep them in different directories or rename one of them.

The launch failure after Gatekeeper is well known, just start GnuCash again and it should work normally.

2.6 will continue to work in Mojave, but Apple says that 32-bit programs won’t work in MacOS 10.15. That’s not an insurmountable problem: I can make a 64-bit build of 2.6.21 next summer if there’s sufficient demand.

Regards,
John Ralls