[GNC] Working with compound interest on varying amounts

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 3 19:29:10 EST 2018

Hal,

Hal Vaughan <hal at hal.dance> writes:

> So GnuCash doesn’t do this kind of thing?
>
> If it’s off by a cent or two, I can deal with it, but the problem is I
> use one credit line for multiple projects at a time, so I have to be
> able to easily work out the interest for each individual project.

I'm afraid that GnuCash really does NOT have the capability to deal with
this today.  It does not have a "Balance-as-of-date" function necessary
to do what you need.   So unfortunately you'll need to write a bunch of
code to support what you're looking for.