[GNC] Donations credited to donor(customer) w/o Invoicing?

Janfromearth janfromearth at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 00:01:39 EST 2018

I saw the exact post from 2013 but hoping I missed something.  If a nonprofit
receives  a check for a donation, do we have to issue an invoice against the
donor (customer) recond and then clear it in order to apply it to the
donor's record?  I saw the suggestion of creating sub GL Accounts for each
donor but I am hoping something like "cash sale" functionality has been
added and I am just missing it.  Wonder program for small nonprofits. Thanks