[GNC] How to save Gnucash and Lock file issues

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Dec 4 11:36:42 EST 2018

If you try to open the file with a text editor (I used Atom, because TextEdit complained about something wrong with UTF-8 in the file) you will see this at the beginning:

SQLite format 3

If it is an sqlite format.

If it is the compressed XML, you’ll see gibberish/non-printable character.

If you uncompress the file, and try to read it with a text editor, you’ll of course see XML.

I’m not sure if there is any other way to tell. (short of using a hex editor, etc.)

Regards,
Adrien