[GNC] Reconciling different periods?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Dec 11 11:53:19 EST 2018

What do you mean by, "My reconcile is a bit erratic.”?

You can re-reconcile a period if needed.

There is also a reconciliation report and you can view a register with a filter to only show reconciled or non-reconciled transactions. You can also do a ‘find’ which gives you more options for the ‘reconcile' field flag.

I’m not clear on what dates and amounts you want to use. If you want to re-reconcile say, July 2018, then enter the date of 7/31/18 (or whatever your locale should read) and the amount as the closing amount on your statement. If that period has already been reconciled and balanced you will see all transactions on both debit and credit side checked off and the balance at the bottom as zero. If the balance is not zero, and/or there are transactions not checked off, then the reconciliation is not yet complete. (or has been unbalanced by adding transactions in that period after the original reconciliation)

Regards,
Adrien