[GNC] [GNC-dev] Interest

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Dec 12 00:25:34 EST 2018

Hamid,

This certainly looks like a usage issue to me. Perhaps you are misunderstanding a prior response.

If you need to set up non-interest bearing loans, use the Scheduled Transaction feature.

If the loan you need to set up is interest-bearing, then use the Mortgage Assistant.

Both types of loans are currently possible. One is not favored over the other.

Non-interest loans don’t need a special calculator.

Interest-bearing loans do, so one was created and included.

The loan feature doesn’t ‘aggregate’ all of your loans into one place. It’s just a special calculator.

The loan ‘lives' in a liability account.

The same is true for non-interest loans set up with the Schedule Transaction editor, as well as for loans you manually manage in the general journal without any special tools.

There’s no need to re-design the software or to create a special non-interest loan feature because this is already possible with the current functionality, just not the functionality you were trying to use.

Regards,
Adrien