[GNC] TRANSFER transactions

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Dec 13 12:47:35 EST 2018

David Brown,

Your post is a bit contradictory.

Do you want to "transfer all individual accounts to the single parent account?”

or

Do you want "to have a single parent and 5 child accounts?”

Those are two different things.

To accomplish the first, that is, move all transactions from five separate accounts to any other account (combining all 5 into 1) then do as Liz mentioned and delete them. As you do so, you’ll be asked either to assign the transactions to an existing account or delete them entirely.

To accomplish the second, which is what it appears you are trying to do, (re-organize the account tree) then simply edit the 5 accounts, make sure their type is consistent with their new parent, and assign the new parent to them. (so they are now child accounts instead of top-level)

Regards,
Adrien