[GNC] Reconciling different periods?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Dec 13 12:58:10 EST 2018

You should always use the ending balance, never the “latest" or “today’s" balance. (unless ’today’ just happens to be the actual closing date on the statement - highly unlikely)

Reconciling March ‘18 using the balance as of today, 12/13/18 (or any other date) is impossible, meaningless and makes no sense.

If you want to reconcile March, enter 3/31/18 as the date and the ending balance on the statement.

Then to reconcile April, enter 4/30/18 and the ending balance on the statement.

repeat through November ’18.

You are then reconciled ’to date’ until you get your December/end-of-year Statement.

‘Reconciling’ is matching the activity on your statement with the entries in your books. That is always ‘as of a closing date’ (in the past), *not* as of ’the day you happen to perform the reconciliation.'

Regards,
Adrien