[GNC] Bayesian matching, was Re: gnucash-user Digest, Vol 189, Issue 50

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Dec 19 11:04:15 EST 2018

Op woensdag 19 december 2018 16:33:43 CET schreef Elmar:
> Not yet in the Linux Mint repository. Do you know when it will appear
> there?  I am hesitant to install things not in the official repository.
> Can I install 3.3 alongside 2.6.12 (paranoia speaking here)? - Elmar

Unfortunately I have no idea when Linux Mint will upgrade. And your choice to
stick with to only official packages from your distro's repositories is a fair
one.

Via flathub you could install a more recent version of gnucash that won't
conflict with your officially installed one and which you can safely remove
again if you don't like it.

However unfortunately this will not help you: we have made big changes in the
internal data format for precisely the import maps. So if you work with them
for a first time in gnucash 3.x, you will no longer be able to open your data
file in gnucash 2.6.12. It would not understand the new format.

So alas I have no good tips for you other than doing careful surgery on your
data file or wait until gnucash 3.x becomes available in linux mint.

Geert