[GNC] report filtering

Paul Kinzelman paul at kinzelman.com
Thu Dec 20 19:16:48 EST 2018

I'm using GC3.3 and trying to get a report out.

I used somebody's advice and put in a text string in the 'Number' field
for certain transactions of interest, say "xyz".

How do I create a report that contains just those transactions that I
labeled as xyz in the number field?

I tried Reports | Transaction Report and edited the options and
put in "xyz" for Filter | Transaction Filter
but that doesn't work probably because
according to the hover-help, the Transaction Filter looks only at the
description, notes and memo fields?

It doesn't look like there's a way to filter one specified field?

So any filtering is limited to those three fields?