[GNC] Basic Question (I hope) - End of Year Procedure

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 24 03:14:25 EST 2018

Hello,
Welcome to gnucash, if rather belatedly.
Your question is one that comes up at this time of the year, and can generate quite a bit of responses. You should definitely read the wiki page on this subject:
Closing Books - GnuCash

|   |    |

|   |
Closing Books - GnuCash

  |   |

Best,David

  On Mon, Dec 24, 2018 at 10:32, Jennym<55.jennifer.massey at gmail.com> wrote:   Hi

I only started using GNUCash last April for simple, personal accounting, so
I'm at the 'basic' stage. I'm using it with:

a) Current bank account
b) Two credit card accounts
c) Personal Wallet
d) Three income accounts
e) Normal household accounts
f) Budgeting (manually entered, not automatic via the system)

So what I'd like to do:  Retain all of 2018 accounts (having them to hand
for easy access), but have them zeroed for 2019.

My worry is that if I do anything wrong, there's no historical 'undo' button
to backtrack.

Would really appreciate any advice. (Basic of course). Thank you