[GNC] Basic Question (I hope) - End of Year Procedure

Jennym 55.jennifer.massey at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 08:26:07 EST 2018

Thank you David, you're right, I don't need to 'close the books' as the
accounts are only for assessing where my personal expenditure is going, and
keeping track of 'cash-flow'. I hadn't thought about 'reports.'

I've now discovered how to set date parameters to produce a report, and when
the report is displayed on the screen, it's easy to cut and paste info into
an excel file to keep for 'prosperity' and playing around with budgets.

I had in the past tried to export an account into a format for Excel. But
failed several times, the above 'cut and paste' have worked well.

Thank you for the links, they're invaluable to understanding how GnuCash
works. At this point in time, I'm still getting my head around the info.