Actual values in Budget Report are incorrect

ToniMod a.modestini at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 10:00:47 EST 2018

I've started using GnuCash for the first time in January 2018.
I registered many transactions from 1 January to 7 February and I have keyed
in 12 months budget values for all P&L accounts.

The Budget Report, on 12 months, shows correct values for each month on the
budget column. So no issues with the budget values.

*THE ISSUE:*
The actual value on the Budget Report for January and February is not
correct.
In January's actual column are shown transaction registered in February and
missing some transaction registered in January.
No values appear in February's actual column of the Budget Report (while
there are quite few P&L transaction registered in February).
Clicking on the account description link on the Budget Report, the
transactions for the selected account opens and shows correct balance value.

I have checked the P&L report which is fine as a cumulative representation.
I have also tested the P&L report by changing dates for the accounting
period in 'preferences', from 01/01/2018 to 31/01/2018 (or from 01/02/2018
to 28/02/2018) and this is fine also as a monthly representation.

So, everything appears to work except the actual values in the Budget
Report.
Does anyone have any idea of what I may be missing with the Budget Report in
order to get correct monthly actual values in it?

Thank you for your help!
Toni