Keeping track of sales and expenses for a specific craft show

Ronal B Morse ron at morsehouse.com
Wed Feb 7 11:52:56 EST 2018

On 02/05/2018 05:59 PM, ravenkwill wrote:
> My wife is an artist, and is beginning to do craft shows. I want to be able
> to track the profitability for each show by collecting expenses and sales.
> I've read through the manuals about jobs, but that doesn't seem to be quite
> right. Do I need to create a separate sub-account for each fair? That seems
> cumbersome.
>
> Examples of entries: show fees, hotel fees, food while traveling, and of
> course the sales during the event.
>
> I'd love ideas and suggestions about how to handle this.
>
> Thanks!

Have you thought about treating this like a separate business? That's
the model I'd use.  I think it a good idea have a ledger for this that
is completely separate from personal/family cash transactions.

Actually, I'd use a spreadsheet as they were invented for exactly this
purpose, but I understand the urge for people to get as much
functionality as possible from the applications they already use.

RBM