Applying Customer overpayments

Alan Johnson alan at argentwolf.org
Fri Feb 9 01:45:34 EST 2018

*replying to the list

Geert,

Thanks. That worked. However it wanted to apply the funds to the
checking account (which were already deposited/received). I deleted that
part of the transaction from the AR register, and the balance offset
still works, just does not reflect as a payment on the customer report.
Is there a better account to debit the funds? In the balance sheet / P&L
I don't see any sort of customer funds held/liability that would be
where the offset would go.

Also, this feature wasn't in the documentation (at least that I could
find). The documentation merely states that GnuCash would keep track of
any overpayment. It sounds like a feature like QuickBoox payment system
check box "Apply customer balance to invoice" is needed.
Alan