Switching from Windows to Mint

Robin Chattopadhyay robinraymn at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 13:05:38 EST 2018

Hi all-

I've been using GnuCash for years on various versions of Windows, but I got
a new computer and decided to make the leap to Linux. I'm using Mint 18.3
and I'm having trouble building from source. I've been following the steps
in the wiki.

(I tried the distribution, but it doesn't have the sqlite/libdbi options
installed. And the version is 2.6.12)

So, I've been trying to build my own with 2.6.19 and I'm running into a
problem with cmake. It's complaining that I'm not passing a check for
finding 'webkit-1.0>=1.2'

Any pointers for a new *nix user on how to get past this?

Thanks,
Robin