Installation

D sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 12 07:21:38 EST 2018

Jonathan,

Did you see my earlier message? Getting a "file not found" error usually means that you have moved the Gnucash file.

Have you?

David

On February 12, 2018, at 2:00 PM, Jonathan Ames <jnthn.ames at gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks, all, for advice. Just not happening, though. I can see the latest
file in a directory, but get "file not found" when clicking on it. By now,
a lot of lost work. Am I correct in assuming that unlike commercial
software, gnucash doesn't save itself back to the application
automatically, even if you "save" automatically? In other words, what
you're paying for is not to deal with the log files, but to save and then
later click on the icon and have it be where and as you left it?

Gnucash is more accessible than Quickbooks from within (e.g., all accounts
have registers), though the "save" complexity, and existence of multiple
text files, log files, etc., to be managed aren't mentioned in the
manual/tutorial. I'm accustomed to assuming that it's all user error, e.g.,
life itself -- correct in this instance? Is there a patch to save and
access Gnucash like a commercial, e.g. Intuit, program?

Thanks,

Jonathan Ames, PhD
Clinical Psychologist
415 N. Tioga Street