Installation

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 23:14:36 EST 2018

Jonathan,

Instead of clicking on the file to open it, did you try clicking the Gnucash application icon first? Did it successfully open the last file saved?

I think throughout this thread, there’s been lots of guessing as to what might be the problem, but if you can give us a click-by-click of what you are trying to do, we could all probably provide more accurate advice for your exact issue.

Let’s forget for a moment where your file is supposedly saved.

Please try this on your Mac:

Click the Gnucash application icon. (either located in your Dock, or from the Launchpad screen)

What happens?

Now, on your Windows computer:

Click the Gnucash application icon, this may be in your Quicklaunch in the Start Bar, or on your desktop, or in your Start > Programs menu. (if on your desktop, you *may* need to double-click depending on your preference settings, you’ll know because a single click will just highlight the icon, but not start the application.)

What happens?

If you aren’t sure what I’m asking or can’t get that far, let’s tackle that first.

Regards,
Adrien