Installation

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Mon Feb 12 10:49:14 EST 2018

On 2/12/2018 10:08 AM, David Carlson wrote:
> Johnathan,
>
> GnuCash may or may not play well with various cloud storage services
> because of it's insistence (in current releases) on keeping it's
> automatic backups in the same folder as the data file.

Just so understood why it makes sense (to me)  to "insist" the automatic
backups go into the same directory as the file. It guarantees gnucash
being able to make up a UNIQUE name for the backups. If you were allowed
to specify a directory B  in which to put the automatic backups for
books.gnucash in directory A, what prevents directory B from also
containing  a file named books.gnucash ?

Yes of course, care by the user could prevent a disaster like that, but
as somebody who used to get paid to unscramble messes caused by that
sort of carelessness, absolute prevention is better.

Michael D Novack