New Entities

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue Feb 13 01:34:58 EST 2018

On Tue, 6 Feb 2018 20:06:35 -0600
David Carlson <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Matt,
>
> You bring up a good point.  I have seen a suggestion somewhere to use
> virtual machines to sandbox GnuCash files and keep them isolated from
> each other.
>
> I think that is Overkill but it works.
>
> I occasionally open two files simultaneously if I want to copy a
> transaction from one file to another.
>
> David C

I will have all four books (data files) I have created open at once,
neatly placed on a desktop. I think I'm reading that this isn't
possible in Windows.
I also have 5 Gnucash menu items - the one the distro puts in, and the
four that open my books directly.

I do have the household and my personal finances in a single book.
There are no legal reasons to separate them. The other businesses and
trusts have their own files as they all do separate taxes.

Liz