aqbanking / ofx downloads to wrong account and can't straighten out

Bill Starrs wjstarrsiii at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 15:08:55 EST 2018

Hello,

A few months ago I had to change a credit card # due to fraud and
reconfigure it through aqbanking.  When I did this, I accidentally
associated it with the wrong credit card account in gnucash.

After re-configuring it again, and again, and again, in the wizard, I
now have a situation where when I am sitting in the proper account and
download transactions, I get the preview of the charges for that card,
however in the "Account" column of the download reconciliation dialog,
it shows the other, mistaken account.  When I accept the transactions,
they are placed into that other account.  I then have to manually change
them to put them in the right account.  Account balancing also does not
work as it opens the balance dialog of the incorrect account.

I gave up on fixing with the ui and started looking through the .gnucash
and .aqbanking directories as well as the mariadb gnucash database to
manually fix this setting but have given up here too.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Bill Starrs