aqbanking / ofx downloads to wrong account and can't straighten out

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Feb 16 17:05:02 EST 2018

> On Feb 16, 2018, at 12:08 PM, Bill Starrs <wjstarrsiii at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> A few months ago I had to change a credit card # due to fraud and
> reconfigure it through aqbanking.  When I did this, I accidentally
> associated it with the wrong credit card account in gnucash.
>
> After re-configuring it again, and again, and again, in the wizard, I
> now have a situation where when I am sitting in the proper account and
> download transactions, I get the preview of the charges for that card,
> however in the "Account" column of the download reconciliation dialog,
> it shows the other, mistaken account.  When I accept the transactions,
> they are placed into that other account.  I then have to manually change
> them to put them in the right account.  Account balancing also does not
> work as it opens the balance dialog of the incorrect account.
>
> I gave up on fixing with the ui and started looking through the .gnucash
> and .aqbanking directories as well as the mariadb gnucash database to
> manually fix this setting but have given up here too.

I haven't had to do this in a while, but IIRC you run the Online Banking Setup assistant, start and close the AQBanking wizard, and click "forward" on the GnuCash assistant. The next screen is a list of your AQBanking accounts. Double-click the one that you want to change and you'll get a Select Account dialog from which you can pick the new account. Once you have done that, the account name will appear in the middle column and the "New?" box will be checked. Click "Forward" and the "Apply".

Regards,
John Ralls