Lock file issues

Nelson Handcock nelson.handcock at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 18:27:40 EST 2018

Hi,

The lock file is only there when the file is opened, and when you save and
close (assuming this is done correctly and completely), then the lock file
should be deleted.

So if the LCK file is there while the Gnucash file is not being used, then
this tells you the Gnucash application wasn't closed properly - perhaps
your PC suffered a sudden loss of power or something similar?

Anyway - you should be able to choose the option to "open anyway", and
continue on with your work.

Just make sure you check the file, because it's possible the last set of
changes you made might not have been saved.

It's always a good idea to deliberately save any changes, and then close
the application as a separate activity. The LCK file should not be there
once you have exited.

Hope this helps....

Nelson Handcock