Reports balance sheet - with explicit dual currency for "$"

Vin Ordinaire gnucash at g.paypc.com
Sat Feb 24 13:05:23 EST 2018

Dollars are great - pick one of many flavours
USD,CAN,AUD,HKG,Bermuda,Singapore and about 10 others.

The problem is reporting a balance sheet multiple currency assets.  I
located in the Windows version Options>Commodities>Show Foreign Currencies
that does indeed show the "other" value in whatever currency I post the
asset in.

However, when pairing USD,CAN,AUD,HKG,Bermuda,Singapore and about 10 others,
the "$" is highly ambiguous and confusing. I pair AUD, USD and HKG and have
assets in all three currencies.   Is there a way (or in the future) for
Reports to have a check box "Explicitly show  iso-4217 currency designation"
to show side by side in the reports like this under assets:

Widgit $HKG 8000   $USD 12000
Bluto  $AUD 1000   $USD 770

Overall a great alternative to Quicken and its bloatware and its behind the
scenes business deals with banks to restrict access to data for users (and
why most US banks do not widely use OFX and have plenty of data as opposed
to say 90 days) - I suppose license fees, subscription and captivity play a
huge role in this.

Ideas and apologies in advance if this is a newbie RTFM type question,
though I see Frédéric Perrin and Derek Atkins and others having a dialogue.